What are SMB owner leads?
SMB means Small, Medium-sized Businesses. Leads mean the people who are interested in buying or using your products or services.
Therefore, SMB owner leads are SMB owners who have shown some interest in what you are offering and are ready to become paying clients.
Who needs SMB owner leads?
Any businesses who are seeking to sell their products or services to Small and Medium-sized businesses will need to acquire SMB owner leads
When selling to SMBs, you should prioritize reaching out to the companies’ executives first, and the owners are the no.1 prospects. The reason for this is higher ranked people have the power to make purchases.
In SMBs, the purchasing process is not lengthy, a decision to purchase a product or service can be made by one or a very few executives depending on the value of the products.
Therefore, generating high-quality SMB owner leads is crucial for your business to secure more sales.
How to generate excellent SMB owner leads?
Find prospects’ valid contact information
First of all, you will need to find the best SMB owners’ contact information. The contact information should include:
- Email address
- Personal phone number or company phone number
- Social media profiles
Clean your contact list
Then, you will need to verify if the contact information is valid. This step is very important to ensure you will be able to reach out to the prospects (especially when you use a scraper or software to harvest contacts from web pages).
If you don’t know how to use software or scrapers to harvest and properly clean your lead list, we strongly recommend buying leads from a reliable B2B leads database.
At Limeleads, we only provide high-quality leads. We also make sure you won’t waste money on prospects that don’t fit your requirements by offering the following:
- Free trial so you can test our data quality first
- $79 in-depth cold email marketing course free of charge
- Excellent customer support to help you with anything
- Credit refund for any bounced emails
- Deep discounts once you decided to buy one of our plans
How to reach out to your prospects and turn them into leads
Now that you have a good list of contacts with valid contact information. It’s time to connect with them and try to convert them into leads
Reach out to them by using cold email campaigns.
Cold email is the most popular and most effective way to reach out to SMB owners and turns them into leads.
Cold email is simply sending emails to your prospects’ valid email addresses and trying to get their replies.
If they reply to your emails and show interest in your products or services that you’re providing, they are now considered leads.
Here are the most important tips for your cold email campaigns.
- Make sure your email address is set up for maximum deliverability
- Make sure to warm up your email address before sending
- Craft compelling subjects to capture your recipients’ attention (for open rate)
- Write concise and right-to-the-point messages for engagement
- Be patient and follow up.
Turn prospects into leads.
When you got a reply from your prospect, you’re not winning just yet. The next step is to generate demand for your products/services by making the prospects believe in what you’re selling.
There are some important tips for demand generation:
- Write a concise message to ask them about the challenges and highlight how you can help make life easier for them in bullet points.
- Give away useful stuff such as a guide, an ebook or just an article that you think will interest them.
- Ask them to follow your business’ social media accounts and if you can connect with them on social media.
- Don’t be pushy and be patient, demand generation takes time.
- Let them know that you’re looking forward to receiving their reply.
- Follow up with another message in case they’ve missed your previous message.