Lead generation can be done by using a combination of digital marketing strategies such as SEO, email marketing, social media, paid ads, etc.
One of the most important factors that contribute to the success of lead generation is content. To achieve the best results, content created for lead generation must be excellent.
In this article, we’ll list out some of the best tips and practices to help you create excellent content for lead generation.
Email marketing content best practices for lead gen
Email marketing is one of if not the most powerful digital marketing strategies for effective lead generation. Email marketing for lead gen comprises email newsletters, cold emailing, and email automation.
If you run cold emailing campaigns (sending emails to your potential clients, you probably will need this one day), it’s vital to generate valid and relevant prospects. This can be done by using a reputable data provider tool or service. A leading prospect database like Limeleads offers all you need for effective cold emailing and a risk-free experience. Get your free trials here.
While how you set up your email marketing campaigns is very important, email marketing content also plays a crucial part. Here are the best email content practices:
- Your email subject can decide the outcome of your cold emailing campaigns, make sure you write a compelling and concise email subject with no more than 60 characters. If you write more than 60 characters, make sure the most important part is within 60 characters so that it can fully be displayed in prospects’ inboxes.
- Do not include spam-triggering words in your email subjects. Avoid words such as free, sales, money, buy now, discount, limited offer, etc.
- Overcome the temptation of writing lengthy emails, nobody wants to read walls of texts! Instead, write concise email content that delivers clear proposition values and other important information in bullet points.
- You can include 1-3 links to valuable sources in your email signature in case your recipients want to learn more about you, however, do not overuse them.
- Send follow-ups even when your recipients have not replied to your previous messages. We recommend not sending more than 3 email follow-ups.
Blog post content best practices for lead gen
Blog posts are usually created to aim for organic traffic. Organic traffic is a term that refers to traffic obtained by the mean of SEO (or Search Engine Optimization).
Blog post content has the biggest impact when they satisfy the below requirements:
- Excellent quality. This means the blog posts are actually helpful for the readers.
- On-page SEO best practices.
- Off-page SEO best practices.
Since this article is all about the best practice for content lead gen, we won’t cover off-page SEO, however, you can learn more about it here. The followings are the best practices for delivering the best quality content that meets the On-page SEO requirements:
- Do keyword research using Google keyword planner or other tools to get a list of topics or keywords that your audience is searching for.
- Write blog posts with the intention of providing insights and real values for your audience.
- Your blog post’s URL must be concise and contains the targeted keywords or topics
- Craft a compelling blog post title that is easy to understand and contains the targeted keywords.
- Include your targeted keywords in the first paragraphs of your blog posts.
- Break your lengthy paragraphs into smaller chunks for readability.
- Include optimized images.
- Include internal and external links.
- Your content must be well-structured with headings and bullet points.
- Add a table of content and breadcrumbs for your blog posts
Social media content best practices for lead gen
Social media traffic can help generate leads very effectively. The main contributors to social media success for lead gen are great content and consistency. Below are the best tips for delivering great social media content that capture your audience’s attention:
- Find and research trending topics to create your social media posts. This can be done with the help of social media analytics tools such as BuzzSumo or from the social media platforms themselves. This helps yield greater engagement.
- Try to deliver concise and appealing copywriting in the few first sentences to capture your audience’s attention.
- Organize your social media posts in bullet points for readability.
- Use emojis, however, do not overuse them
- Use great content for your posts such as beautiful graphics or videos. If you link to a blog post, make sure you pick the top-performing ones.
- If you sell many products, make a catalog or carousel post.
- Last but not least, consistency, it’s one of the most crucial factors you must stick to.
Paid ad content best practices for lead gen
If you’re running paid ads, ad content plays a crucial part. Followings are the best tips for creating the best ad content.
- Videos and product catalogs (or carousels) perform much better than single-image ads.
- Do not write lengthy ads content, instead, make it concise and easy to understand
- Organize your ad writings neatly in bullet points, you can use emojis moderately to make your ads appealing.
- Add hagtags such as #leadgeneration, #emailmarketing, etc.
- Because your prospects can check your profile anytime, make sure your account’s profile looks professional and is sufficient with information.
- Consider attaching Messenger to your ads so that your prospects can contact you for personalized support.
- Make sure you don’t let your leads wait for long. It’s recommended to reply to your leads within 2-3 minutes, the sooner the better.
- If you connect your ads with a landing page, make sure your landing page is optimized for conversion.
These lead generation content best tips and practices are the accumulation of years of knowledge and practical experience, make sure you don’t ignore any point.
While how you set up your campaigns is crucial, great content is an essential part of your lead gen success. Make sure you test your existing campaigns against new ones to see which one performs better, sometimes the new versions will surprise you greatly!
If you need support and expert advice for your lead generation, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] or via our live chat support.