A lead generation website can be a tool that helps businesses gather crucial information about prospects, such as contact information and firmographics. The information will later help businesses get in touch with relevant prospects to generate leads and sales.
This lead gen website as a tool is basically an app that offers many features for businesses to find and download relevant potential customers.
A lead generation website can also be understood as a business’ website that is designed and optimized for generating leads effectively.
It is all about converting prospects into potential customers and ultimately, clients. The business’ website informs visitors about the brand and the goods or services offered by the company. It further includes CTAs encouraging visitors to share their information. The company can then put them into email lists to supply for their cold emailing campaigns and sales funnel.
In this article, we’ll only delve deeper into a lead generation website as a landing page.
What can a lead generation website employ to generate leads effectively?
These websites use the following tactics for encouraging visitors to submit their contact details.
1. Lead magnets
They might include Checklists, Ebooks, Templates, Whitepapers, Training videos, and Webinars. The idea behind using lead magnets is to provide value for collecting information when visitors land on their sites.
Businesses can also send lead magnets to leads and prospects using cold emailing or targeted ads. Sending them relevant and great content paves the way for transforming them into customers.
2. Free consultations
It is another popular strategy for generating leads. In case a visitor is interested in the goods or services of the company, the visitor can opt for a free consultation. Such calls allow the company to assess the situation and provide solutions.
It is beneficial for both parties as it involves no risk for signing up. Moreover, prospects can have valuable insights for free, and the company also stands a chance to demonstrate its ability to address the problem.
3. Coupons and discounts
You won’t find an individual who does not love discounted offers. A pop-up can do a good job of this, however, there are many types of pop-ups, and each can be triggered based on different settings, make sure you pick the best one.
One popular type of pop-up appears when a visitor stays on the website for a pre-fixed time. The pop-up indicates that the visitor is entitled to get a coupon or discount by entering their email in the required field. It encourages visitors to know the details about the products, promotions, and sales.
4. Free trial
Free trials allow users to get a hands-on experience with the apps or services. Free trials are especially useful for SaaS businesses that offer complex solutions.
The visitors need to provide their email addresses to sign up for the free trials. This strategy gives users an opportunity to try and get to know if the solutions are actually helpful for them before committing to paying for a plan.
How can a lead generation website as a tool boost your marketing effort?
Business websites that are designed for lead gen are crucial, however, they often can’t match your expectation and pace. Therefore, there must be a way for businesses to generate leads a lot faster.
That’s when a lead generation tool is created for. A reputable lead generation tool like Limeleads will enable users to:
- Easily find and download millions of relevant and verified prospects and leads along with B2B data about them such as firmographics.
- Get excellent support that provides detailed guides and prompt answers.
- Get hands-on experience with the app and service without any risk by utilizing free trials
Click here to preview verified B2B contacts and data based on several requirements
Steps for building excellent lead generation websites
A company has to define the target audience before building a website. Understanding the buyer persona and knowledge of the pain points are essential for this. Moreover, one has to ensure that the structure of the website suits the target audience and offers easy navigation.
Building a website involves hiring a developer for the same. It incurs a lot of costs and is a time-consuming process. However, entrepreneurs can build websites using website builders through the following simple steps.
- Choose template: Top website builders have huge collections of templates designed by professionals for websites and landing pages. One can search them using filters based on types, industries, styles, etc., and must choose the right template that aligns with the business for lead generation.
- Customize template: One can use the drag-and-drop option of the website for customizing templates. It allows editing texts, changing color, and adding new images. Adding or removing different sections is also possible. One can also improve functionalities by using the widgets available.
- Publish: Once the website is constructed one can publish the same to a free sub-domain offered by the website builders. Or one can publish on a custom domain owned by the company.
Essential features for a lead generation website
The lead generation websites must have the following features.
- It must have a social proof
- Focus on the users
- Include trust signals
- Secured with HTTPS
- Mobile-friendly and responsive
Elements of design for a lead generation website
Websites for generating leads should have the following design elements.
- Catchy headlines: Headlines can make or break any website. So, one should design websites with attention-grabbing headlines. For this, one should define the USP (unique selling proposition) and include that in the headlines.
- Benefits-oriented: The design should focus on benefits rather than describing the offer. The visitors should get valuable input about how the product or service offered by the company will help to resolve their pain points. For example, one must emphasize building brands, growing audiences, and maximizing the marketing effort while promoting a marketing ebook.
- Use testimonials: Audiences tend to be somewhat skeptical about the goods or services offered by companies, irrespective of the amount of trust you tried to build. Including testimonials is a great way to resolve such issues. As people give much weight to what their peers say, including testimonials improves the conversion rate.
- Include multiple CTA tabs: Placing CTA tabs only at the top and bottom of a page isn’t the best practice. Businesses should include multiple CTA tabs throughout the page where most relevant, preferably where a section ends so that users can click when they like.
Business websites that are designed for optimal leads and sales generation cannot be overlooked. However, a lot of businesses out there still don’t give it sufficient attention and investment it deserves, thus missing out on a huge potential.
It’s never too late, now that you have read through our guide, start working on creating a website that is optimized for lead generation now. One more tip you should also remember is that using a reliable lead database can help your business speed up your growth rate significantly.
If you need expert advice and guidance, feel free to contact [email protected] or send a message via our live chat, we’ve got you covered!